Warts are benign formations on the skin that appear in different parts of the body. Favorite places for their localization: hands, face, plantar part of the foot, genitals. Warts are caused by the papilloma virus, they are contagious and enter the body through damaged skin.
The onset of the disease occurs in childhood and adolescence, the weakened immune system is important. There are different ways to treat warts at home.
Modern surgical methods and pharmaceuticals will be used, but traditional medicine offers gentle methods.
Folk remedies for the treatment of warts at home
Before using this or any other folk recipe, the upper part of the growth should be lightly rubbed with pumice stone to remove the stratum corneum. Don't worry if you can't deal with the problem as soon as possible. Maybe the method used is not suitable, then it is worth trying another recipe.
Would be necessary:
- wash the unpeeled tuber thoroughly;
- grind its upper layer (skin and lower part) on a fine grater;
- apply the porridge on the wart;
- cover with a layer of wax paper or polyethylene;
- leave overnight.
Continue treatment for 3-4 weeks. Folk healers recommend putting used tuber halves together, bandage with thread and bury. When the potatoes are rotten, the formations will disappear.
The antiviral and antiseptic properties of garlic can help reduce skin growth. The easiest way is to cut the clove into two parts and rub the neoplasm with the juice. Treatment is twice a day.
Use garlic porridge, which is applied to the wart. Use the following tips to avoid burning the surrounding tissue.
Cut a wart-sized hole in the tape and swipe it over the pump itself to cover the skin. Another way to keep tissues safe is to lubricate the surrounding area with Vaseline or lard.
Garlic is used in conjunction with apple cider vinegar.
To do this, you need:
- Chop 3 cloves of garlic;
- pour 100 ml of vinegar;
- insist 2 weeks;
- use as compresses.
Ingredients based on garlic and lard:
- 1 part garlic porridge;
- 1 part rendered pork fat;
- 4 parts vinegar.
The mixture is used at bedtime, washed in the morning with warm water.
The plant has a disinfectant and cauterizing effect. Fresh juice from the stems and leaves is used for treatment. They are lubricated with neoplasms, avoiding contact with healthy tissues.
Tincture is also prepared from the plant and applied to the wart in the form of a compress. Celandine is applied daily until the desired result is obtained.
A product called "Supercleaner" is sold in pharmacies, but it does not contain herbal ingredients. It contains alkalis that have a cauterizing effect.
The drug is used once a day for 2-3 days. During this time, the wart first turns black, then falls off.
- Chew a piece of propolis or place in warm water until softened, then attach to the growth and bandage. Leave overnight, remove in the morning.
- Mix honey with eucalyptus oil in a ratio of 1: 4, treat warts for 3 months.
Tea tree oil
The natural oil is used in its pure form for treatment, it is lubricated with the affected areas 3 times a day. If the skin is tender and irritated, dilute the oil with aloe vera juice or clean water. The tool is used for up to 3 months.
Topical necrotizing preparations for the treatment of warts
The preparations cause the skin to coagulate, resulting in death and subsequent growth. The preparations contain acids that have a drying and antiseptic effect. If it comes in contact with healthy tissue, burns are possible, so almost all solutions are equipped with applicators for accurate application.
- It is a cauterizing cream that contains podophyllum root extract.
- Apply the cream 2 r / day on pre-washed and dried skin using an applicator.
- The treatment lasts for 3 days, after which a break of 4 days is required.
- After the procedure, skin inflammation, burning and itching may occur.
Solution for external use
- The active substance is podophyllotoxin, which has cauterizing and necrotising properties.
- Although the manufacturer recommends using the product only for the treatment of papillomas, the solution is effective in dealing with warts.
- The medicine stops the mitosis of the cells, so the tumor stops growing. Due to this feature, the product is slightly more expensive than its counterparts.
- The treatment lasts for 3 days, followed by a 4-day break.
- Usually one course is enough to get rid of the wart.
- Improper handling of the solution causes skin ulcers, inflammation and a painful reaction.
Solution for external use in ampoules
- The medicine is available in ampoules and contains a mixture of several acids and minerals.
- It is applied to the wart, and after 3-5 minutes a white or gray spot appears on the surface of the tumor. This is a normal skin reaction to the medicine.
- If the stain does not appear, repeat the procedure.
- The wart area is treated with alcohol before using the product. They also periodically lubricate the skin to make the formation mummify faster.
- Repeat use no earlier than 4 weeks.
Solution with bactericidal and drying effect
This medicine contains metacresol and phenol. The skin should be softened with keratolytic patches or ointments before use.
The previous day, a hot bath with the addition of soda and soap is also performed, the rough areas are removed with nail scissors.
The agent is applied in the direction of:
- for small warts - 1 time;
- for medium neoplasms - 3-4 times;
- plantar growths are lubricated up to 10 times.
Necrotizing compounds should be used with particular care to avoid damaging healthy tissues. It is better to perform the procedure under the supervision of a doctor. The funds are not used for the slightest suspicion of malignancy, children under 7 years of age and for the treatment of large areas of skin.
Cryotherapy drugs for the treatment of warts
The growths can be frozen with liquid nitrogen on their own, it does not require special skills. Cryotherapy medicines have an analgesic effect and coagulate the blood vessels and do not cause scarring at the wart if handled skillfully.
The following two products are available for home use. Both contain nitrogen in a spray can. The exposure time is 10-15 seconds. For the treatment of plantar formations, the duration of use is 30-40 seconds.
The wart usually disappears after 2 weeks after a single freeze. If necessary, repeat the procedure, but not more than 3 times.
Antivirals for the treatment of warts
They act on the papillomavirus and prevent it from persisting in the body. There is no point in using them if there is one growth on the skin. Several warts and warts, herpetic eruptions lead to the use of this group of drugs. In addition, the medicine supports the immune system and prevents relapses.
- For the treatment of warts, 3% concentration is used instead of the usual ointment.
- Oxolin flowers are treated with growths of 2-3 r / day.
- The course of treatment is several months.
- For greater efficiency, a piece of wax paper is applied over the ointment, which is fixed with adhesive plaster.
Gel for external use
- Gel for external use containing vegetable glycosides.
- The medicine is safe, does not cause discomfort, does not stain clothes.
- It is applied to the skin 5 times a day for 10 days.
- Inexpensive antiviral ointment used to treat small, fresh lesions.
- It is used several times a day for 10 days.
- The drug does not affect old plants.
Treatment of warts with folk remedies usually does not cause any unpleasant consequences, except for an allergic reaction. Another thing is pharmaceuticals with a cauterizing effect. With their unsuitability you can get an area of necrosis that spreads deep into the skin.
Before using them alone, you should see a doctor to rule out the malignancy of the formation. Sometimes the growths disappear on their own without treatment, which is due to the strengthening of the immune system.