The papilloma virus can develop in absolutely any person, regardless of lifestyle. Some people are carriers of the virus for a long time without noticing any formations on the skin.
People suffering from papilloma virus infection need to know what warts look like, what they are and how to get rid of them.
What are warts?
A growth on the skin, which is benign and can occur anywhere on the body, is a wart. Such a defect occurs as a result of an infection with the papilloma virus, which penetrates through epidermal lesions and contributes to the appearance of growth.
In the normal course, the skin around the growth does not contain a tumor and does not cause unpleasant symptoms to the person who is palpated. Most often, after the formation of one growth on the skin, others may appear, depending on the characteristics of the human body.
What are warts - types
Warts are divided into certain groups depending on their appearance and location. During the treatment period, it is very important to correctly determine the type of benign tumor, as the treatment method may vary.
A growth on the skin that practically does not protrude above the skin level is called a flat wart. Most often, such growth has a light color and appears in groups in one place.
Most often, this type of warts can be found on the face, hands, chest. This type of formations often manifests itself in adolescence and very rarely turns into a malignant type of formation.
Simple seals are the most common manifestations of the papilloma virus on the skin. Such growths appear in the form of nodules of a dense structure, which have pulp or a pink color.
Vulgar warts appear in large numbers and are most often damaged. Such formations tend to disappear on their own after an increase in the protective properties of the immune system.
Growths of this type appear in absolutely any part of the body and at any age. Filiform warts tend to infect whole areas of the body if there are lesions on the skin. Outwardly, the seal looks like a small growth located on the leg.
Most often, there are several warts in one place, which merge and form one large growth.
The color of warts is most often pulp, however, in some cases the color changes to dark brown. If the wart is damaged or completely removed at home, a new formation appears in its place.
Growths that appear in the area of the mucous membranes and genitals. Outwardly, they look like small filamentous processes that have a soft structure and a pink color. The appearance of such warts in women very often leads to the development of cervical carcinoma.
Formations appear in teenagers and adults, the causes of infection are changing sexual partners and refusing to use contraceptives. Warts are transmitted by contact and require long-term treatment to completely get rid of the virus.
The formation of senile warts occurs after changes in the body, as well as after various skin diseases, such as seborrheic dermatitis. At first, warts appear in the form of spots, which gradually thicken and protrude above the skin level.
Externally, warts can be dark in color and large in size. There are ancient formations, most often after 50 years. When palpated, they have a dense structure and when pressed, they can contribute to the appearance of painful sensations.
They can appear both in individual quantities and in large groups, the most common places of localization are the face, neck and chest areas. Formations often appear in places where hair grows. The treatment is selected depending on the individual characteristics of the body of the elderly.
Locations of warts
Seals of a benign type can appear on absolutely any part of the body. However, some types of formations appear in a certain place:
- vulgar - appear in the area of the hands, mainly in the fingers and inside the palm. Growths of this type can also be observed in the area of the feet;
- flat - formed in the neck and face. However, these types of formations are often seen on the back and chest;
- senile - places of localization are the neck, face, chest;
- filiform - area of the face, neck, under the mammary glands in women;
- genital warts - appear in the genital area and on the mucous membranes.
Good to know!Defects occur mainly in areas of external pressure on the epidermis. Seals may appear in the facial area due to frequent contact with dirty hands that have an infection.
Causes of warts
Benign seals on the skin can occur under the influence of various factors, however, the cause of the formation of warts is the papilloma virus, which penetrates the layers of the epidermis and provokes the appearance of benign tumor cells.
Factors that can cause the virus to progress and become infected can include:
- reduced immunity;
- minor damage to the skin and mucous membranes;
- excessive sweating;
- improper hygiene;
- contact with infected people;
- visit places with high humidity;
- frequent hypothermia;
- transmission of infectious diseases;
- use of other people's hygiene items;
- hereditary predisposition.
Good to know!Also, the reasons for the appearance of seals can be the choice of tight clothing, which physically affects the skin for a long time, which leads to skin damage and further infection.
Why are warts dangerous?
Benign tumors that do not have an inflammatory process and do not cause unpleasant symptoms are not life-threatening. However, such seals very often degenerate into malignant tumors and promote the development of cancer cells.
It is especially important to ensure that the warts are not damaged, if the integrity of the growth is violated, it is recommended to contact a medical institution for diagnostics.
Treatment of warts at home
Currently, there are a large number of means aimed at getting rid of seals from different parts of the body. It is recommended to use such means after consulting a doctor. Read the instructions before starting therapy.
The following methods can be used to get rid of formations in adults:
Drugs:allows you to get rid of small growths on the epidermis. However, the disadvantage of this treatment is the need for counseling before the therapy procedure.
To get rid of warts are used:
- a preparation based on phenol and tricresol - used for small seals. Produced in the form of an oil, 2-3 applications are sufficient for removal.
- a solution in the form of a solution that allows you to eliminate infected cells without damaging healthy areas. In the case of a small seal, one application is sufficient.
- a cream that destroys the virus on the epidermis. It is a gentle preparation and is used on all parts of the body, including the face.
Use of alternative treatment methods:
- pus juice - used to remove all types of formations. The damaged area should be applied with the juice of a fresh plant and fixed with a patch. It is used twice a day until the symptoms disappear. It is not used in the area of mucous membranes and genitals;
- vinegar - apply a drop of vinegar to each wart before going to bed. The duration of the course until the growths disappear.
- Dandelion juice - used for seals that have not had time to root. Plant juice is applied to the skin twice a day and fixed with a patch. The procedure is carried out until the defect disappears.
Good to know!Proper nutrition is essential for improving immunity. Vitamin therapy can reduce further progression of the virus and remove the tumor.
In childhood, papillomas most often disappear on their own after a short time, but if necessary, you can use the following means:
- ointment with interferon alfa-2b - is able to increase the protective properties of the skin and eliminate the virus. It is used from the age of 1 in a course until the symptoms completely disappear;
- ointment based on dioxotetrahydroxytetrahydronaphthalene - is an antiviral agent, allows you to eliminate the virus and remove the formation;
- sea buckthorn oil - prescribed from the age of 3, applied 2-3 times a day until the problem disappears completely. It is recommended to strengthen the damaged area with plaster.
- garlic is a natural antiviral agent. A clove of garlic should be cut and fixed on the formation overnight. It is used until the symptoms disappear;
- ice - used for all types of papilloma growths. Wrap an ice cube in a cloth and apply it to the seal for a few minutes. To get rid of the seal, 2-3 applications are enough;
- Lemon – The acids in lemon can eliminate damaged cells. A piece of lemon should be placed on the tumor, fixed with a patch and left overnight. Carry out the therapy until the complete disappearance of the defect.
Note!Before starting the use of funds in childhood, it is necessary to carry out an individual sensitivity test.
The use of drugs does not always cope with the problem of the papilloma virus on the skin. Therefore, there are a large number of salon ways to get rid of a benign type of tumor.
Damaged skin areas are affected with the help of a laser beam. After the procedure, a crust forms on the skin, which after some time disappears together with the tumor.
It is used for all types of formations except genital warts. This method of destruction is effective for a large number of formations, after the growth is removed, no traces remain on the skin. The disadvantage of this method is the possibility of getting burns on healthy skin areas.
Excision with a scalpel
This build-up removal method is only used for large seals where other methods are not effective. The surgeon makes an incision with a scalpel and removes the tumor along with the root.
After the procedure, rehabilitation is carried out for several weeks. After removal with this method, a scar remains on the skin.
Cryodestruction - removal with liquid nitrogen
The most commonly used method. For removal, a special device is used, with the help of which liquid nitrogen is applied to the growths for a short time.
After the procedure, a blister appears at the growth site, after a few days it itself is damaged and a crust forms, which falls off and removes the wart.
The disadvantage of this procedure is the ability to remove only one formation in one procedure.
Electrocoagulation - removal with current
The technique involves influencing the expression of the current of the papilloma virus in a small amount to eliminate the damaged cells. To get rid of large formations, several courses of treatment are used, after which a dark crust forms on the skin.
Not suitable for children and people with increased sensitivity. In some cases, it can contribute to the appearance of burns and spots on the skin after getting rid of the growth.
Measures to prevent the appearance of warts
To reduce the risk of infection with the papilloma virus, the following rules should be followed:
- Take plenty of vitamins to boost your immune system.
- Treat all damaged areas of the epidermis in a timely manner with an antiseptic.
- Wash your hands after every visit to the street.
- Avoid contact with infected people.
- In places with high humidity, change your shoes personally.
- Do not use other people's personal hygiene products.
To prevent skin defects, hygiene should be carefully monitored, especially in childhood, and possible hypothermia, which can reduce the protective properties of the immune system, should be minimized.
Note!The appearance of benign seals may indicate the presence of complex diseases, so it is recommended to carry out all necessary examinations in time.
Before performing the procedure to get rid of growths, it is necessary to make a diagnosis and determine what type of education it belongs to, in order to reduce the risk of pathology.